Lawn Care Tips for Each Season
Often when people decide they want to do their own lawn care it is because they think that professional services will be too expensive or they just think it is something they have always wanted to do. This is especially true of people acquiring their very first home or those who have always lived where the responsibilities of caring for the lawn were not their own. This is called pride of ownership or taking pride in what is yours. There is nothing wrong with that; people everywhere do it every day.
There are many lawn care tips that you will need to know if you are a first-timer. Caring for a lawn is a bit more complicated than you might think. It can also be time consuming and a considerable amount of hard work.
You are going to need some basic tools to get started and if you want to get into more than just mowing and raking the grass and raking up the leaves in fall, there will be quite a few additional items that you will need. Your local lawn and garden center or a lawn care professional can advise you on the choices of tools and explain their uses. Also, you should consider the season when going through these lawn care tips.
Check List of Basic Lawn Care Tips for Grass:
- Mowing – the size of your yard and your fitness level will decide whether you need a riding tractor or a push mower for lawn care.
- Grass Collection – Most people do not like to leave the grass cuttings after mowing lying on their lawn. You have 2 choices here. You can buy a grass collector that will attach to your mower and vacuum it up as you mow, or you can rake up the grass for disposal. If you choose to rake, it is better to wait until the next day when it has had a chance to dry out a little. It will be easier to rake and pick up.
- Trimming – “Mowing alone, will not a pretty lawn make.” You have to trim around trees, sidewalks, along driveways, flower beds, or any other obstacles that prevent the mower from getting all the grass. This means you also need a weed-eater for lawn care.
- Edging – Edging is optional in lawn care, some choose to do it and some do not. Edging cuts nice sharp lines along driveways and sidewalks. It helps to prevent grass and weeds from growing up over these surfaces.
- Fertilization – To have a lush green lawn, fertilizer is necessary. This is also true of bedding plants and ornamental bushes and vines.
- Watering – For most lawns in areas where there is plenty of rainfall during summer, lawn care may not involve watering, However, if you live where it is drier or the summer is especially hot, sprinklers for the grass or bedding plants may be necessary. Grass cannot be green without water.
- Weeds – No matter how meticulous you are about your lawn and caring for it, weeds will sprout. When they sprout among bedding plants they can easily be removed by hand. When they sprout in the grass, it is a whole other thing. Lawn care tips on weed removal from a professional are the best way to go when this happens.
See how affordable lawn care can be!
About Green Bee Lawn Care
Green Bee Lawn Care is your reliable, family-owned Houston Lawn Care Company. We offer professional lawn care services to customers in the Houston, Texas and surrounding areas. We pride ourselves on providing a one-stop shop for all of your lawn care needs including, weed control, lawn fertilization, aeration, seeding, fire ant control, tree & shrub care, mosquito spraying, and more. Love lawns as much as we do? Browse our lawn care blog for more helpful lawn tips and information.
Get The Beautiful Lawn
You’ve Always Dreamed Of